To apply for a teaching license in the State of Nevada, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or be a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid permanent residency (PR) card.
- Degree(s) and semester credits must be submitted on official transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities.
- Foreign transcripts must be accompanied by an original course-by-course and degree equivalency evaluation completed by an approved evaluation. (Acceptance of Foreign Transcripts)
- In some cases, full-time contracted teaching experience may waive student teaching.
- If you have an expired Nevada license, you will need to clear all provisions that were originally placed on the license before you can reapply for any license. (Example: If you have an expired substitute license, all provisions must be cleared before you can reapply for the substitute license or a teaching license.)